Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Not Waiting for the Man (but I sorta miss the feeling)

It's probably because it's cold and dark outside. Maybe it's because times are slow. Nowhere to go. I wouldn't go back there. Even if invited. But I can't lie and say my interests aren't ignited, when I hear these tunes. Make me feel there again. Sitting. Listening. Sliding in...down. Curling up. Then fall asleep.

Joy Division - Ceremony Slowdive - Blue Skied an' Clear Ride - Nowhere My Bloody Valentine - To Here Knows When The Velvet Underground - After Hours Air - Run Sigur Ros - Andvari Slowdive - Goldenhair (Syd Barett cover) The Velvet Underground - Heroin The Velvet Underground - I'm Waiting for the Man

Ode to My Escape

What I’d give, what I’d give To soar once more, on my back, on the floor What I’d do, what I’d do To touch, but not such Who I’d choke, who I’d choke Honey, this ain’t no joke I’m starving for a slap in the face A lazy hand, the whip of the wind And smoke…give me smoke.

Where it be, where is he? So frail…my betrayal. Twenty bucks, twenty fucks He left me waiting, always hesitating. Get some more, little whore That’s really all I want you for Think I’ll beg? I won’t beg But the smell, my hunger Ketchup and dull drying-paint swoon me.

Here I cower, growing sour Illegalities, impracticalities If I could, oh, I would Even though I tell myself ‘no’ It hurts, it hurts The pains, in spurts, From head to feet—bone to meat I miss you…foil and black gum.

My lungs expand for you At your command, they do It’s music that sends me now And teeth bleed dry And hair runs thin And skin grows lines And heart skips on Painfully, sinfully wanton.

Here He Comes Again

Gravitate towards me luxuriant smoke Down my passage of civility Incredulous speech invites you Welcome unwelcome guest

Sear my lining, drown my brain Make me never feel again Numb hairs stand on end You are my dearest friend

Strewn across a couch or bed The floor could never please me more Itching in ways one shouldn't scratch Like the pocks leaving scars when nails become arduous

Cough red smoke, vessels in the air You’ve come undone, inside out Stomach pains, my supple veins A pierce is just too much

So for now, inhaling is how I swallow him Here he comes again In me…in me… And for you, I acquiesce.

No comments:

Post a Comment